• Exchanged on the interrelation between urban development and urban transport in various countries
• Exchanged on land use planning principles
• Reviewed TOD principles and application worldwide
• Reviewed Sustainable Urban Transport (SUT) approaches
• Understood how policy-makers and planners shape urban development and mobility processes and policies
• Familiarised themselves with planning and policy tools for sustainable mobility
The expert dialogue includes decision-makers and urban and transport planners of municipalities as well as national decisionmakers involved in setting framework conditions for urban development and urban mobility.
The training includes expert presentations, group work, evaluation and handouts.
This expert dialogue aims at enabling participants to obtain an overview of the relation and interlink between urban development and urban transport planning worldwide and to discuss appropriate ways forward for the cities concerned. It provides information on leading general principles and policies leading to sustainable urban development. Dive-in subjects may include: combining urban planning, land use planning and urban transport, TOD, integration of urban transport, public participation, stakeholder consultation. It can be complemented, in modular form, with any of the other courses.
• U10 principles for SUT
• Interrelation between urban development and urban transport
• Land use planning and urban transport
• TOD principles, and application worldwide
• Best practices in urban development and SUT
• Further modules depending on dive-in subject