Convene and build capacity of stakeholders involved in BRT planning and design.
City officials, BRT and public transit agencies, traffic police, and planning agencies.
Presentations, panel discussion, and technical exercises.
Provide safety guidance to the city on the BRT project in its initial stages so that they can prioritize design features that improve safety.
• Introduction to traffic safety for bus priority systems
• Speed management
• Street segments, midblock sections, and crossings
• Recommendations for intersections
• Recommendations for stations
• Recommendations for major transfer stations