• Exchanged on urban mobility planning in various countries
• Reviewed Sustainable Urban Transport (SUT) approaches
• Understood how policy-makers and planners shape urban mobility processes and policies
• Familiarised themselves with planning and policy tools for sustainable mobility
This training course has been developed for local decision-makers, transport planners and engineers interested in expanding their knowledge of sustainabe urban mobility.
The training includes expert presentations, group work, evaluation and handouts.
This expert dialogue aims to enable participants to obtain an overview of sustainable and successful urban transport approaches worldwide and to discuss suitable paths to follow. It provides information on general principles and policies that are part of a sustainable urban transport policy. Dive-in subjects may include: combining urban planning, land use planning and urban transport, financing sustainable urban transport, integration of urban transport, urban transport institutions, public participation, stakeholder consultation. It can be complemented, in modular form, with any of the other courses.
• 10 principles for SUT
• Sustainable mobility in the context of urban growth, changing mobility needs and diverging interests
• Introduction to sustainable urban mobility planning and national urban mobility policies
• Design of SUT change processes
• 10 best practices in SUT
• Further modules depending on dive-In subject