• Reviewed different strategies and approaches on consolidation of minibuses/angkots
• Identified problems that hinder the planning and implementation of minibus consolidation based on given approaches
• Learned from different consolidation strategies that have been implemented by other cities (such as Solo and Palembang and from Latin America and South Africa)
The training is designed for technical level officials (planners, engineers, and section heads) such as:
• City government officials: Planning Agency (BAPPEDA); Transport Agency (Dinas Perhubungan) and Public Works Agency (Dinas Bina Marga)
• National government officials: Ministry of Planning and Development (Bappenas), Ministry of Transport, and Ministry of Public Works.
The training includes brainstorming, experience sharing, group exercises, site-visits, and lectures both by national and international experts. Every participant will be provided with toolkits, related documents and job aids.
This training course aims to equip local government officials with technical knowledge and strategies on consolidation of minibuses.
• Political commitment
• Consolidation of existing minibuses/angkots, integration with formal public transport services
• Financing of infrastructure and buses
• Institutional settings