• BRT fundamentals, role in urban transport, benefits, types implementation arrangements, procedures, methodology and tools
• Design of BRT components
• Executing and implementation agencies needed to develop BRT
• Managing BRT components, including review of design reports
• Knowledge-sharing with other departments and integration with full transport system
National- and city-level decision-makers involved in transport, urban planning, housing, finance and design; implementation authorities; banks (ADB, WB and AIIB); and technicians.
The course will be conducted over 44 hours, divided in 28 hours of theoretical classes (14, 2-hour courses) and 16 hours of site visits in workshop format.
The course aims to deepen and enhance the capacity of cities in China to plan, implement, and monitor BRT and urban development projects and policies.
5 days training program which include the following:
• BRT-related technical briefings focusing on Guangzhou/Yichang
• International best practices in BRT, bike sharing, greenway and urban development
• Technical briefings on bike sharing, parking, design, etc
• Site visits to best practices project in Guangzhou and/or Yichang Training courses include the following:
• General introduction to BRT systems
• System planning, including planning components, costs etc.
• Operations, including demand estimations and modelling, etc.
• Business and institutional structures
• Infrastructure and design
• System integration, including integration with other public transport
• Technology, including vehicles, fare systems and ITS equipment
• Marketing and communications
• Finance plan, including infrastructure, operational costs etc.
• Monitoring and evaluation, including traffic impacts etc.
• Bike sharing program
• Greenway: including best practice, key design components
• Urban design/development