• Exchanged on the awareness and concerns of decision-makers in applying policies for developing sustainable urban transport systems
• Understood the principles of generating awareness and creating behavioural change related to urban transport
• Understood the need for shifts from private motor vehicles to the more efficient and environmentally friendly modes of walking, cycling and public transport
• Gone through the different steps of a strategy for awareness and behaviour change (ABC)
This training course targets:
• Participants from the public sector (e.g. municipal governments, departments of transport, environment or others)
• Participants from the private sector (e.g. civil society organizations, people interested in the topic)
• Policy-makers and their advisors
• Media and educational institutions
The training includes expert presentations, lectures, group exercises, group discussions and resource material.
This course provides strategies for changing perceptions, generating awareness and creating behaviour change related to urban transport mainly regarding mode shift and safe behaviour on the road. It can be complemented, in modular form, with any of the other courses.
• The importance of public awareness in key policy areas
• Information gathering techniques to get to know a population better
• Implementing a low cost, effective awareness campaign
• Working with the media
• Available tools to disseminate the results of the project