• Concepts of sustainable urban mobility including public and collective transport, active transport, TDM, road safety, accessibility, justice, and gender.
• Concepts of urban planning and its impact on economic, social and environmental development.
• Concepts of planning, management and governance, considering the different urban and metropolitan territories.
• Best national and international practices.
Practitioners, researchers, and civil society groups involved in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of urban mobility and development.
The course will include 10 sessions that include the participation of nearly 30 thought leaders and implementers over 2.5 days. It will also include site visits and opportunities to meet international representatives from cities around the world.
MOBILIZE is ITDP‘s annual sustainable transport summit and brings together urban transport and development practitioners alongside world-class researchers in the winning Sustainable Transport Award city. Using research to fill knowledge gaps, activities around MOBILIZE leverage the availability of international solutions and draw on the lessons of a local case city used as a learning laboratory. Workshops during the summit aim to broaden and enhance the capacity of decision-makers and opinion makers to plan, implement and monitor sustainable urban mobility policies and catalyze their leadership activities by exposing them to the availability of solutions in the sector.
• Urban challenges in the 21th century
• Land use and transportation planning integration
• Institutional arrangement for urban mobility planning and governance on regional scale
• Inclusive urban mobility
• Urban mobility and social housing planning
• Public transport network
• Urban morphology and its impact on human scale mobility
• Active transport network
• Travel demand management
• Innovation and urban mobility strategies