• Align and clarify the opportunity (initiative, a project or an idea), clearly identifying where the true value of the project is, what actions will create value, how success is defined and what the risks are
• Determine the amount of effort required to carry out the project, initiative or idea and guide the team based on a plan that ensures success
• Identify key points in the process where progress will need to be reassessed and project orientation reaffirmed or decide whether a strategic change is necessary
• Emphasize the important issues and likely challenges that need to be addressed
High-level officials involved in the project or that have significant influence on it, managers and other stakeholders directly involved.
The workshop includes interviews with key stakeholders and guided discussion and group exercises. The centerpiece and final phase of the workshop involves a roadmap with key activities and accountabilities leading to the successful implementation and value capture of the opportunity.
The workshop introduces framing as a structured tool / process that is applied at the beginning of a new project, initiative or idea to create value in decision making and guiding its conceptualization to implementation.
• Opportunity statement
• Definition of success criteria
• Risk assessment and stakeholder analysis
• Roadmap guiding implementation