• Gained fundamental knowledge on non-motorized transport, especially walking and cycling
• Exchanged their knowledge and experience amongst each other and experts
• Understood how to build political will and coordination among stakeholders
• Reviewed on cycling and walking facility planning, technical infrastructure guidelines
• Understood the step by step method for socialisation and campaign
The workshop is designed for management level officials (minimum echelon 3) such as:
• City’s planning agency (BAPPEDA)
• Transport agency (Dinas Perhubungan)
• National governments: Ministry of Planning and Development (Bappenas), Ministry of Transport and Ministry of Public Works
The training includes brainstorming, experience sharing, working groups, site-visits, and lectures both by national and international experts. Every participant will be provided with toolkits, related documents and job aids.
Providing fundamental knowledge on non-motorized transport in Indonesia, especially walking and cycling as the basic structure of sustainable urban transport. It can be complemented, in modular form, with any of the other courses.
• Basic principles of walking and cycling in sustainable urban transport
• How to build political will and coordination
• Step by step approach how to implement walking and cycling technical planning
• Walking and cycling campaign