Convene and build capacity of stakeholders involved in road network planning, construction, and maintenance.
City officials, road and planning agencies, and practitioners.
Presentations, panel discussion, and technical exercises
To introduce road safety theories and good practices for safer street design, and to practise the theories through technical exercises.
• Introduction to safety through sustainable urban and street design
• Traffic safety for people
• Key urban design elements
• Traffic calming measures
• Arterial corridors and junctions
• Pedestrian spaces and access to public space
• Bicycle infrastructure
• Safe access to transit stations and stops