• Urban planning concepts and their impact on economic, social and environmental development
• National policy on urban mobility (Law 12.587) and its implications for metropolitan and municipal planning
• Planning, management and governance concepts for different urban and metropolitan territories
• Sustainable urban mobility including public and collective transport, active transport, travel demand management, road safety, accessibility, transportation and gender
• Resilience and adaptation of urban mobility systems to climate change
• Best national and international practices.
Both public and private sectors involved in the planning, implementation and monitoring of urban mobility policies including technicians, decision-makers, journalists (public or private), and civil society
The course will be divided into 13 theoretical classes and seven practical classes in a workshop format. The course will include 3040 participants.
The course enhances the capacity of cities to plan, implement and monitor sustainable urban mobility policies in Brazil.
• Urban challenges in the 21th century
• The modernist city of the 20th century
• Urban mobility consumptions and costs
• Land use and transportation planning integration
• Institutional arrangements for urban mobility planning and governance
• Inclusive urban mobility
• Urban mobility and social housing planning
• Public transport network
• Urban morphology and its impact on human scale mobility
• Active transport network
• Travel demand management
• Innovation and urban mobility
• Urban mobility and climate change: mitigation and adaptation strategies"