Ensure that Indian cities have the requisite capacity to sustainably utilize urban investments brought in by these missions.
Functionaries and elected representatives
The training includes expert presentations, group work, evaluation and handouts.
The Capacity Building for Urban Development (CBUD) programme as part of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation & Urban Transformation (AMRUT) & Smart Cities Missions, aims to train over 45,000 functionaries & elected representatives in over 500 cities over 3 years to develop skill of city officials in the field of urban development and mobility planning.
• Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) infrastructure design (Public Bicycle Sharing – PBS – systems etc.)
• Urban mobility- policy, planning & practice
• Neighbourhood & local area planning; Alternative mechanisms for accessing land for public purposes
• Parking regulation & policy
• Urban roads design & improvement
• City bus services – planning, optimisation & management
• Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) planning, design & implementation
• Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
• Safe access to public transport, Streets for all, and car free days
• Urban climate resilience & adaptatio