• Identified sources and effects of air pollution in their cities
• Described the status of air quality in their cities and indicators of bad air quality
• Exchanged on the “Cities Clean Air Action Plans: how the government can address the issues”
• Identified areas and forms in which they can contribute towards better air quality in their cities
• NGOs working in the field of environment
• Local community groups and leaders having followers/supporters
• Media with focus on environmental journalism
The workshop includes high impact visual presentations by national AQM experts, group exercises and presentations and site-visits. Each participant is provided with a set of workshop-related documents and job aids.
To increase knowledge and awareness of civil society and local media on effects of air pollution and basic air quality management.
• Effects of air pollution on health and ecosystems
• Causes and sources of air pollution
• Regulations, standards and enforcement
• Available measures for better air quality
• Interpretation and communication of air quality data
• Best practices and local initiatives (including individual contributions) for air quality improvement
• Tools for air quality management